Opening: Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: HR Manager
Department: HR & Administration
The primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant is to assist with the administrative and secretarial duties of the group/office. Provide administrative support in the company’s New York office to ensure smooth execution of company goals. Duties include general clerical work, project-based work, some translation, occasional event assistance, and overall efforts to project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions.
Duty and responsibilities including but not limited to
- Type correspondence, meeting minutes, compile required documents in standard company format, etc.
- Develop and maintain filing system.
- Order and maintain office supplies and machinery.
- Answer telephones, take messages, screen and handle routine items.
- Process incoming mail and sort for priority. Distribute, route and handle items as directed.
- Arrange for travel, hotel, and car reservations.
- May assist in the maintenance and update of accounting reports.
- Assists in the preparation, compilation and distribution of monthly reports.
- Have knowledge of company organization, policies, practices and personnel in order to carry out responsibilities
- Manage office and building access to new and former employees and guests
- Perform changes to the phone system and IT
- Coordinate with vendors for office maintenance
- Respond to urgent needs of colleagues
- Two-year business and/or secretarial school.
- 2 to 5 years of work experience.
- Excellent proofreading and grammar skills required.
- Proven ability in planning, organizing and implementing work priorities.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, carry through assignments and exhibit accuracy and neatness.
- Proven ability to interact, develop and maintain a positive working relationship with personnel on all levels, both within the company and with clients.
- Bi-lingual in English and Chinese; good understanding and demonstration of professional office manners Proficiency in operation of standard office equipment.